Mike had been a bit concerned about the height of the cooker hood in the old fireplace opening:
It wasn't much of a problem for me but because of his extra height we decided to raise the opening and finish off the brickwork surround by reclaiming the old bricks.
Once finished, it looked fab:
We had noticed a damp patch on the external wall, and as this was going to be a cupboard later on we thought it would be a good idea to introduce an airbrick into it at this stage, so we did:
We also had the flue installed to the old bread oven:
Meaning that we could test it out:
It had great draw up the chimney and will be the ideal pizza oven when we move into the kitchen!